Each year, the Rotary Club of San Rafael undertakes numerous local community and international service projects. The Club and its members donate time and funds to community programs. Significant recent activities and events include:
- Community projects to provide housing for low-income seniors, promote literacy, and provide mentoring for at-risk youth
- Award of $20,000 in Student Assistance annually for four college-bound students from San Rafael High School
- Continuation of the Teachers' Mini-Grants Program to benefit classroom teaching in the San Rafael Elementary School District
Celebration of the 46th year of our student exchange program for girls with the Rotary Club of Utsunomiya
in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan
- Since 1997, support for Roots of Peace, an international program to convert minefields in war-torn countries to productive agricultural uses
- Sponsoring the Rotaract Club at Dominican University of California. Rotaract is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young men and women aged 18-30. Its members are true "partners in service" with our Club and key members of the Rotary Family.
- Sponsoring the St. Isabella School Interact Club. Interact is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young men and women aged 16-18. Its members are active in both community and international service projects.
Through our parent organization, Rotary International, the Rotary Club of San Rafael partners with other Rotary and international organizations to address worldwide health and social issues, such as the elimination of polio, illiteracy and homelessness, and disaster relief.
The Club is located in Rotary District 5150, which includes a total of 39 Rotary Clubs in Marin, San Francisco and San Mateo Counties.
Club Contact Information
Address: 1821 Fifth Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901
Membership Information: Peter Herley, Membership Chair